November 29, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

I really thought I'd do something this week, but at present. I am drinking wine with my chix0r, and playing with a robotic cockroach on the dining room table with my daughter. Screw it, it's a holiday weekend.

All I have for you this week is some information from my readings. When rummaging around at my house, I uncovered my old copy of TTL Cookbook by Don Lancaster - a classic! For fun, I looked up our 74HC164 shift register from last week. I learned that the function of this device is a lot like seating 8 people for Thanksgiving dinner, then ordering them all to attack the buffet at once :) There will be more on this when we get this in and put it to use. There wa also much other goodness I will be referring to in the future (555, 556 timers, etc). I have also been digging around in Applied Robotics by Edwin Wise. We will be making motor controllers using N-channel MOSFETs in the near future using plans from there.

OK enough for now. Time to go eat some lox, drink some wine, and count my blessings.

No comments: